Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a .....


GIRL!!!! We are having a sweet baby girl! I am beyond excited. I didn't realize how much I must have really wanted a girl until we found out. I could not stop smiling all day. I have not stopped smiling ALL WEEK! It is wonderful! Josh claims he knew it was a girl before the ultrasound tech said anything. He said he could tell when she was measuring the legs and stuff, because he didn't see a little thing sticking up. lol. Poor baby would not open her legs for a few minutes. We had to shake up the belly a bit and push on it. Josh would have loved a boy just like any guy would have, but he is going to really love this little girl, I just know it. She is going to have him wrapped around her little finger.
We got some sweet little pictures. I think the baby's face looks like me :)
Her name will be: EMMA KATHLEEN. Kathleen is a family name, and Josh and I really like Emma. We already call her by name:). Yes, I know it is one of the more"popular" names way up there on the social security list, but you know what? So was my name when I was born. I don't necessisarily believe in the "unique" name thing. I want a name that can be spelled easily and that will be classy and timeless. It will be great when she is older too.
So don't y'all think I look smaller in the above pic than last week? And I am a wearing a tight maternity shirt in the above pic. I told you that dress last week was deceiving! It really did make me look bigger.
I did receive some unsettling news about my placenta. Apparently, I have an extra "piece" of placenta growing. They assured me this would not hurt the baby. They just need to check it out and make sure that when I deliver, they remove all pieces and it doesn't get left behind because that could be bad. I haven't spoken to my doctor about it yet, just the ultrasound tech. I hope to get more reassurance from my doctor and hope to have a normal delivery. Please be praying!
How far along: 20 weeks
Size of baby:
Total weight gain: not sure, why is this important anymore? I am doing the best I can.
Maternity clothes: some
Gender: GIRL!
Movement: Still none
Sleep: Sleeping great! The side is not so bad.
Symptoms: growing growing growing
What I miss: running
Cravings: Salty foods, mexican
Best moment of the week: getting lots of sweet belly kisses and rubs from Josh. there is no greater feeling :)
What I am looking forward to: buying so many cute girly things for Emma!
Can you believe I am already halfway there?! This is has been so easy!! I hope delivery is.

1 comment:

The Phelps said...

you look great. and yes smaller then last week. I am so happy for you two. I know a boy is always prefered it seems like by guys, but Josh will love Emma more then anything else, and shortly after she is born you cant even imagine having a boy. I cant wait to start shopping!!!!!
Oh yeah on your movement, its coming soon. when you least expect it. some people say it almost feels like a butterfly or goldfish in your stomach. for me i just started feeling queezy at random, brief times.
Its crazy that you are half way, time has flown by, you are doing wonderful and I wish the best for the second half. All will be well with the placenta "extra".