Friday, October 8, 2010

18 weeks

This post is a little late considering I am already almost 19 weeks! Oh well. Sorry for my crazy face in that picture. It was a self portrait this time so I did the best I could. Hehe.

I also wanted to give a little update and sneak peak at the progress of the house. Josh re did all the dry wall and trim. When I say "re did" I mean he actually MADE the trim. He didn't just put up pre-bought stuff. The man took an ordinary piece of wood and molded it into trim and put it up. He amazes me sometimes. Then again, I have to sacrifice my garage at the moment so he can fit all his fancy machines and tools :). We will build a workshop someday. The fireplace you see below will be refaced with some pretty stone:
Here is some of the wainscoating he designed/made/ put up in the dining room. It looks weird now but wait till you see the after pics!



Just some more trim he made:



Sneak peak at our bedroom: Yes, I know the blue wall seems strange but it is the back wall that the bed will go against. It looks a little bright here, but it is more subtle in person. I find it very soothing. We picked it from the benjamin moore pottery barn color wheel because it matches exactly the pottery barn shams and throw we have on our bed. Here the shams we have:
We have another small blue pillow and the throw is of course the same blue.
Our bed spread is a plain cream colored duvet over a down comforter. I like it because we can change out the pillows if I want a new look. Big Cream European Shams and a couple more small cream pillows complete the look :)
Well there you go for our little bedroom sneak peak! It will be a very soothing, relaxing space. I sound like Ty Pennington now :)



I guess I should talk about pregnancy now.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: My uterus is the size of a small melon. Ha! Not sure how big the baby is.
Total weight gain/loss: about 6ish or 7ish lbs. (I went to the doctor yesterday)
Maternity clothes: None, but I bought some at Old Navy! I got 50% off the sale price so I got lots of shirts for about $2-5$ each. I thought it would be a good time to stock up.
Gender: Getting closer...
Movement: None, but I am assured this is normal to not feel your first baby until somewhere around 20-24 weeks.
Sleep: BAD NEWS BEARS: I have been advised by my doctor to not sleep on my stomach anymore. She said I was laying on the baby and squishing it. Here's how the convo went:
Me: I get freaked out at night about my sleeping position. Is there a certain position I should avoid?
Doctor: It is advised that you sleep on your side, but you can also sleep on your back if you are inclined a bit.
Me: So I can't sleep on my stomach?
Doc: No, not at all, you are laying on the baby.
Me: Even if my stomach isn't that big yet?
Doc: Well, what do you mean you aren't that big yet? you are ALREADY showing! (she emphasized "already")
Me: *Thinking in my head* well thanks for pointing out the obvious! Geez, aren't doctors supposed to make you feel GOOD about your body? I really do like my doctor, but she is very straightforward. No rainbows and butterflies.
Symptoms: I get full really easy. No more room in there. My organs are squished. But don't worry, I get hungry an hour after I eat. Let's just say I eat frequently.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, running without feeling like I am carrying extra weight (it kills my knees!), deli meat, shrimp!
Cravings: Cereal & milk, pickles
Best moment of the week:
Scene: we are watching some equestrian thing on TV as we flip channels.
Josh: Honey, if we have a girl, I will buy her a horse if she wants one :)
Me: (totally shocked). WOW! you are saying you are finally okay with having a GIRL AND you will buy her whatever she wants?! hahahahahaha this could be trouble....
What I am looking forward to: Seeing the baby's organs and private parts :)
I am feeling slightly self conscious about the baby bump lately. You see, I still feel like I am in that awkward stage. I don't really look THAT pregnant. My bump is just plain ugly right now. It is soft and gooey and just looks like a layer of fat around my midsection. I wish it looked like a hard basketball that really pops out, but I guess everyone has a different body that will do different things :(. I will get over it.
Oh, I ran a 5k this past weekend! I did "Race for the Cure" at 18 weeks pregnant, and I ran the WHOLE way! My time is rather embarrassing, but I have a good excuse. I ran slooooooow, like 11-12 min mile pace. And I felt like I had to pee the whole time I was running! Man, that was pleasant. I keep saying I need to give up on this whole running thing (I know it seems like I have, but I haven't technically. I miss the way it used to FEEL, but I still do it a bit). I am starting a prenatal water fitness class in a few weeks, so maybe that will take the place of running.





1 comment:

The Phelps said...

Girl you and the house look great! Dont worry about you showing already. You were and still are in great shape so any growth will for sure show. Now with running, get used to a different feeling. I'm 9 months post babies and although it doesn't feel the same as running with them, it doesn't feel the same as before babies, so keep running, jogging, for as long as possible. Let me know what you think of the water classes.
On the note with Josh buying a girl anything she wants, well get used to it. I have realized that boy or girl dad's buy what the kids want for awhile. The difference is with girls she gets what she asks for, but with boys they buy them what they think they need-which is a lot as well.
Now with sleep, I miss the days of sleeping on my belly, even now I mainly sleep on my side because its easier for me to pop out of bed to get the kids.